Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mercy and Grace

God's grace - when we get what we don't deserve.  God's mercy - when we don't get what we do deserve. It is all because of Christ. He took the punishment we deserve.  He takes our sins and clothes us with His righteousness.

I pray that God will show His grace and mercy to all of us.

1 Timothy 115

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.

- The Apostle Paul

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.

- John Newton

"And on these grounds I witness and declare, that I hope for no other  refuge of salvation than this alone – that since God is a Father of  mercy, he will show himself a Father to me, who confess myself a  miserable sinner."

- John Calvin
Thy love and grace alone avail
        To blot out my transgression;
        The best and holiest deeds must fail
        To break sin's dread oppression.
        Before Thee none can boasting stand,
        But all must fear Thy strict demand
        And live alone by mercy.
- Martin Luther

No comments: